(416) 414-5690

Home Mould Mould Inspection Mould Cleaning Inspector Certification Mould Library About Us Contact Us

January 20, 2012

We were featured on CBC's Marketplace with Tom Harrington

Oct. 25, 2003

Meet Quincy, the four-legged mould detector

Canada's first mould-detecting dog is saving building owners from a fog of plaster dust.

Oct. 25, 2003

Meet Quincy, the four-legged mould detector

Canada's first mould-detecting dog is saving building owners from a fog of plaster dust.

Mould

If you've had a water leak inside your home...you could have mould!

Mould can grow inside your home behind walls and underneath flooring. Even though mould is a natural occurring fungi, mould that grows indoors can have serious health effects on many people.

There are many mould types that can cause a variety of symptoms such as skin rashes, nose bleeds, itchy and watery eyes, breathing difficulties, migraine headaches, just to name a few. Some moulds are extremely toxic such as Stachybotrys Chartarum.

Mould needs moisture and a cellulose nutrient source (drywall, carpeting, fabrics) to grow. If you've had a water leak or flood that was not cleaned up properly within 24 - 48 hours of its occurrence, you could have mould growth. If you have a hidden plumbing leak, excess condensation or high relative humidity, you could have mould growth.

Mould growth in buildings is not always visible or detectable through a visible inspection. The majority of indoor mould growth issues are hidden inside walls, behind wall paper, underneath flooring or behind built-in cabinetry.

Mould does not always produce a musty odor. Mould growth can occur without any scent or visible signs noticeable by the homeowner whatsoever.

For more information on mould, call us today. (416) 414-5690

Design by XI Digital